Blasting Contractors wishing to blast within the Escondido Fire Department jurisdiction must obtain a Blasting Permit prior to blasting.
Blasting Permits require the following:
- Current/Valid copy of Explosives Permit issued by the San Diego County Sheriff's Office.
- Current City of Escondido Business License.
- Current Certificate of Insurance for at least $1,000,000 property damage, $1,000,000 bodily injury and liability insurance, naming the City of Escondido as an additional insured party, per the current City Ordinance.
- The permit shall apply to specific site; the permit for that site will be valid for a period not to exceed one (1) year.
- The blaster's qualification shall be reviewed by the fire code official.
- A pre-blast inspection is required. Please refer to Blasting Permit for additional information.
- Completed application for a Blasting Permit.
- At the time of application a $150.00 fee is due, which covers the permit and two (2) blasts. For every additional blast a fee of $50.00 is due. See Current Fee Schedule.
All blasting operations shall be monitored by an approved seismograph located at the nearest man-made structure.
For more detailed information regarding blasting requirements, please refer to the California Fire Code, Section 5601.2.