The California Fire Code was adopted by the City of Escondido (Ordinance 2019-17) and the Rincon Del Diablo Municipal Water District (2019.116.1-5). The Escondido Fire Department enforces both fire code adoptions as it relates to permits to operate (Operational Permits) and Construction Permits.
Any property owner or authorized agent who conducts an operation or business shall complete an application to the Escondido Fire Department and obtain the required permit. A permit is an official document or certificate issued by the Escondido Fire Department which authorizes the performance of a specified activity. Multiple permits for the same location, depending on their use, may be required and can be consolidate into a single permit and each provision is listed on the permit.
- Automatic Fire-Extinguishing Systems
- Battery Systems (1.)
- Compressed Gases (1.)
- Cryogenic Fluids (1.)
- Emergency Responder Radio Coverage System
- Fire Alarm and Detection Systems and Related Equipment
- Fire Pumps and Related Equipment
- Hazardous Materials (1.)
- Industrial Ovens (1.)
- Solar Photovoltaic Power Systems
- Spraying and Dipping
- Standpipe Systems
- Temporary Membrane Structures and Tents (1.)
1. Permit has additional requirements or exceptions. Refer to California Fire Code Section 105.6.
2. Additional permit may be required based upon work type and activity.
3. Very specific occupancy use and the use of special effects. Refer to California Fire Code Section 105.6.