TENT AND OTHER MEMBRANE STRUCTURES
A Tent/Canopy permit is required by the Escondido Fire department. The following are definitions for permit requirements. Tents and membrane structures having an area in excess of 400 square feet require a permit to operate.
- Air-Inflated Structure - A structure that uses air-pressurized membrane beams, arches or other elements to enclosed space. Occupants of such a structure do not occupy the pressurized areas used to support the structure.
- Air-Supported Structure - A structure wherein the shape of the structure is attained by air pressure and occupants of the structure are within the elevated pressure area.
- Membrane Structure - An air-inflated, air-supported, cable or frame-covered structure, not otherwise defined as a tent.
- Tent - A structure, enclosed or shelter, with or without sidewalls or drops, constructed of fabric or pliable material supported by any manner except by air or the contents that it protects.
Tent/Canopy Permits Require:
- City of Escondido Planning Department Approval.
- Minimum of 10 working days' notice prior to the event.
- Complete an application for a Tent/Canopy Permit. The permit application will provide detailed requirements necessary to obtain a permit.
- Complete a "Sample Plot Plan" for the event, page 2 of the application for a permit.
- The plot plan will show detail site plan and the floor plan with occupant load, egress facilities, seating capacity, arrangement of seating and location and type of heating and electrical equipment, if any.
- Fire Department Current Fee Schedule.
For more information regarding a Tent/Canopy Permit, please contact the Escondido Fire Department at 760 839-5400.